Tech Lead/Sr. Software engineer
20Face is a fast-growing ambitious startup company located in Enschede, the Netherlands. With our extensive research expertise in biometrics and facial recognition, we are bringing glimpse facial recognition technology to the international market. A technology designed and developed for unconditional facial recognition: It is extremely robust to light conditions, pose variations, image resolution and all it needs is a small part of the face.
Based on the input of just one single picture, glimpse facial recognition technology is very ‘light-weight’. Our innovative approach is based on a unique combination of regional facial recognition combined with the state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms. The technology will be available as both web-based/cloud API and local solution running on client’s machine (desktop/embedded platform).
In addition to working on the core technology, we also develop innovative custom-built facial recognition software and solutions for applications such as access-control, surveillance, smart-homes and domotica.
As the technical lead you will be responsible for the technical quality of the projects and you are capable of translating the clients’ wishes into suitable functional requirements, architecture, technology stack and a high-quality technical design. You are familiar with the agile way of working and will be in close contact with customers and stakeholders during the entire development process and you will guide a multidisciplinary team of developers, software engineers and researchers. You have experience in image processing / computer vision / machine learning applications. You are familiar with the general constraints and features of software design and development on various platforms such as desktop, web/cloud-based and embedded systems.
- You will make a large contribution to the technical design, implementation, testing and delivery of our innovative applications and products.
- You will be in close contact with our clients throughout the development process.
- As an experienced software engineer, we expect you to share your knowledge and experience with your team members and offer support when needed.
- In particular, you have experienced with Python and APIs.
- You have familiarity with multi-core programming and GPUs.
- You have familiarity with image processing and computer vision algorithms and applications.
- You have familiarity with the machine learning concepts and data analysis.
WE ASK FOR
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other IT related discipline (Bachelors or higher).
- You need to be a fast learner, willing to learn and implement new technologies.
- You have experience in software development and proficient in various programming languages.
- Experience with video streaming and cloud-based solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud software design (AWS / Azure) is a plus.
- You are able and willing to travel for business meetings and exhibitions.
- You are independent, flexible and you can prioritize and manage a development team.
- Great team spirit! At least, most of the time…
AND WE OFFER
- A fantastic team of smart developers and entrepreneurs to work with.
- A highly competitive salary ranging from 48000 to 82000 per year depending on your experience.
- An end of year bonus that shows 20face appreciates creativity, dedication, and people who deliver great work within the timeline of the projects.
- Visits to events, conferences and training.
- 8% holiday allowance annually.
- 25 vacation days, 5 compensation days
- We’d love to have you full-time, but if you need a day a week for yourself we understand.
For more information or applications please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only direct candidates, no recruiters, no agencies or third-party please!
Only applicant who are permanent EU resident should apply!